A letter to our donors: please click here to read.
WBB DONATION HISTORY:
Since 2012, the Wiffle Ball Bonanza and its participants have raised nearly $40,000 to support those battling Type 1 Diabetes (T1D). To learn more about T1D, please click here.
My 1 Friend
In 2016, the WBB partnered with Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh to establish the My 1 Friend fund. Money raised from all future tournaments will help support this fund. My 1 Friend addresses three (3) specific areas in the fight against T1D:
- Making sure those with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) feel Safe (i.e. providing medical ID bracelets and information about yellow dot program)
- Cure - the WBB and its participants never want to give-up on finding a cure for T1D and we truly hope its found right here in Pittsburgh, PA for the entire world to share in
- Financial Relief - a portion of the My 1 Friend fund will always be used to help relieve medical costs for those with T1D and their families
Please understand that:
- 50% of funds are used to help T1Ders feel safe, especially those transitioning from pediatric to adult care.
- 25% of funds are directed towards research and finding a cure for T1D
- The remaining 25% is used to relieve patients' T1D financial costs
- 2012: $700 donated to JDRF (Western PA chapter)
- 2013: $3,600 donated to JDRF (Western PA chapter)
- 2014: $5,100 donated to JDRF (Western PA chapter)
- 2015: $405 donated to JDRF (Western PA chapter)
- 2015: $14,074.25 donated to SLAMT1D, Inc.
- 2016: $1,200 donated to SLAMT1D, Inc.
- 2016: $12,500 donated to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
The WIFFLE BALL BONANZA and its participants are truly doing everything we can to knock Type 1 Diabetes out of the park!
Checks made payable to: Wiffle Ball Bonanza
Wiffle Ball Bonanza
317 N. Walnut Street